Recipe calculator results

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
tetsugo

Recipe calculator results

Post by tetsugo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:39 am

Hi, today I wanted to calculate how much ingredients I would need to cook, let's say 20 organic feed.

Today the value that it gives me is
40 x Oatmeal
100 x Meat 1
80 x Bird Meat
20 x Fish
20 x Fish

But the real requirements are really lower, since each recipe gives in average 4 products.

So the real value would be:

10 x Oatmeal
25 x Meat 1
20 x Bird Meat
5 x Fish
5 x Fish

In other values 1/4 of the value. Without the possibility to put the average products/recipe, the calculator is useless for who cooks a lot. It gets even worse if we look at the necessary subproducts for let's say in this case, the oatmeal, since it multiplies the items needed.

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Re: Recipe calculator results

Post by Kiriak » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:53 pm

The amount of products depends on the skill level of the user, and even at the certain skill level it may vary due to RNG.
How do you see the actual implementation of the number of products for the recipe? I can't think of it at the first glance.

tetsugo

Post by tetsugo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 am

Even if they vary due RNG, above a certain skill level the average stays the same. If someone is obtaining a constant average and want to calculate with that average in mind, just put a selector where we can put this average and the calculator make all the calculations based on that average we select.

At the blackdesertanalytics.com it considers that at Artisan 1 we obtain the maximum procs possible (4 per recipe): http://blackdesertanalytics.com/active_ ... s/cooking/
So to calculate I always use this average, since I am Artisan 3. So if I could select 4 per recipe that would be nice to know how much I would need per recipe, but a 1 per recipe makes no sense, in other words, using a average, even if not 100% right is better than 1 per recipe.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:00 pm

I see, it's not so hard to add it for the base recipe, but would be a little harder to do for all underlying recipes of the components.
But i get your point. I'll put it into my todo list.

tetsugo

Post by tetsugo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Thank you very much. Will help me and some friends a lot =]

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Added the "Products per craft:" field to the craft calculator.

Vitandi

Post by Vitandi » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Unfortunately, this field seems not working. Entered numbers doesnt have an effect to the needed materials.
Can you please check, if it works for you? If it works for you, can you let me know what i do wrong?

Additionally there should be a field for "Products per processing step" and "Products per cooking step", because they differ and they are both needed for some recipe. Example: Skewered Llama Cheese Melt

Thanks
BR

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:46 pm

It works for me. Tested on this recipe:
https://bdocodex.com/us/recipe/114/
If you enter the price of each material - 1 silver.
Market price of 1 product - 100silver
1 product per craft
1 craft

You'll get the cost price of 13 silver and profit with 15.5% tax - 71.5 silver.

Then if you'll change the products per craft to 2 you'll get cost 6.5 and profit 143.

As for the "Products per processing step" - implementing this will be a bit tricky. I can't promise that I'll be able to add this feature soon.