Where are mob DRs acquired from?

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
Honua

Where are mob DRs acquired from?

Post by Honua » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:39 am

I've been working on some detailed damage testing on BDO Global Labs w/numbers enabled. For almost every spot, BDO Codex DRs seemed accurate, within +/-5 DR of my own testing.

However, I realized I made a mistake: the 20 all species damage from Kzarka/Offin apply towards the DR breakpoint at about a 0.85 ratio... I painstakingly confirmed this with V Yuria/Ain weapons at Kama-damage spots (eg Manshaums). Actual Manshaums DR should be ~363 (rather than 345) once the 20 species damage is excluded.

How were the monster DR values in BDO Codex collected? Did someone manually test/submit them? If so, is it possible that they made the same mistake with Kzarka/Offin?

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Re: Where are mob DRs acquired from?

Post by Kiriak » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:15 pm

The stats of the monsters came from an old sever side data leak. In the client they're zeroed out.
Of course some values were changed since that time, but unfortunately, that's the best we have now.

Honua

Post by Honua » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:48 pm

Thanks, that's very helpful. Do you know approximately how old the most recent leak was? I see some numbers for certain Okjinsini (eg npc 23405), so it must have been within the last year.

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Post by Kiriak » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:49 am

It was around November-December of last year.