Cultivation

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
Thell

Cultivation

Post by Thell » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Any possible addition of cultivation weather and region weather? [WeatherKind] its pretty straight forward and could be of use for farmers looking to answer the 'Where do I grow XYZ' without going insane. :D

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Re: Cultivation

Post by Kiriak » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 pm

In what form do you want that data? Something like a table with region name and related weather?

Thell

Post by Thell » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:08 am

Good question; and I'm not sure what people would find the most useful. The way I've been using the data goes something like:
  1. Become interested in a cultivatable object (crop, garden, weed) and identify the Product Recipe.
  2. Locate the product Weatherkind Info
  3. Filter through region weather for likely locations.
  4. Cross-reference to node/area
  5. Go and see if fences fit.
So I was thinking on the 'Farming' page add 'Temp' 'Water' 'Humidity' [Humility] ranges and then add that similar info on the node list and add territory and regions to the overall nodes list? Perhaps rename the nodes page to geography to match-up with the knowledge category or something?

Thell

Post by Thell » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:10 am

PS - an example of usage would also be similar to a case the other day where a player was trying to identify a dry safe zone for long term drying action. The RegionWeather was able to be filtered to identify a 'best fit' to try.

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Post by Kiriak » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:29 pm

- Added the weather conditions/growth rate charts to the farming plants pages (Database->Farming).
- If for the current plant there are nodes, which have the best growth rates for all 3 parameters (Temperature, Humidity, Water), the list of such nodes is displayed on the plant's page.
- Added the local weather values to the Nodes list and Node pages.