Suggestion; Sort by Region

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
Sarthy

Suggestion; Sort by Region

Post by Sarthy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:33 am

When going into any of the "Quests", Titles, "NPC" sections. You always get results from all regions. Which is very annoying. I think it would be great if we could sort by region or language.
For example when I try to look up titles I get a lot of results for titles in Korean etc. These are of no use to me as I do not know Korean,Russian etc, and makes it much harder and annoying to find the information I'm looking for.

So therefore being able to sort out things that are not available on my version of the game would be a great thing.

Thanks for reading. ^_^

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Re: Suggestion; Sort by Region

Post by Kiriak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:44 pm

You can already select the needed types of Titles/NPCs the submenus and filter the quests by Area via the Quick filters.

As for the Korean names of the quests - these are new quests which were added to the EU/US version of the client, but are not translated yet by the devs.
They translate more and more with each weekly update.

Sarthy

Post by Sarthy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:57 pm

I can still not find any such options, and definitely not for titles.
And also I'm not sure if you understand correctly but when I say area I mean area as in real world, EU/ Korea / Japan, etc. Not Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon etc...

Spielkind

Post by Spielkind » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 pm

This would be a bit hard to implement, because we also have a lot things in our client, which got never released, but they are inside the client.
As example: https://bdocodex.com/us/title/1415/?sl=1
You don't wanna see this title, but... maybe kiriak find a soulution, but I don`t think so.
He could only set a new filter for the "in development table".

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:31 pm

Ah, so i guess you were talking about the Korean names in the lists in the end.
As i've mentioned above these are untranslated entries which are present in the game client.

The site has it's own database for each version of the game. So when you are looking at the US Titles lists you see only titles which are present in the US client files.
However, there are always test, untranslated and server side disabled entries. Some of them eventually get the translation. Some of them stay like this forever. And these entries are not marked in any way, so it's impossible to filter them out automatically. The only way to hide them would be to manually create black lists of such entries. But doing so could lead to some troubles, when, for example, you blacklist some title, which now has a korean name only, but will get the translation in one of the patches.

Sarthy

Post by Sarthy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:44 pm

I see, well wouldn't it be possible to sort it by only English alpabhet? like only ABCDE etc characters, numbers and more. Just an idea.
Thanks though all :)

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:45 am

You can always click the Title tab to sort by the name. It'll move the Korean entries to the end of the list.
For some lists default sorting is done by other columns first (such as grade) and then by name. That's why Korean entries may appear before the English ones.