Private Discord Bot

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
Dlezzer
Discord:Dlezzer#3112

Private Discord Bot

Post by Dlezzer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:26 am

Hi I recently got into discord and saw the IHA bots and thought to myself that there are some great possibilities for personal grinding efficiency calculation if I have the data about the game(loottables etc.). A friend of mine messaged me that you recently had some trouble with bddatabase and made the bdocodex. So I went to check it out saw the forum and wanted to ask if you are fine with me getting the data from your database via html-scrapping for my bot. I only save the data temporarily (and necessary data like item ids for longer periods to request the data from your site again) and do request them every time i want to look something up so everything is staying updated and i dont copy your database. At the moment the bot is at a point where i can list the loottable from a mob via its name (every language is supported from your site via regular expressions) but if you dont want me to keep up the developing of this bot or it is against you terms of use of the database i will immediatly shut the development down.

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Re: Private Discord Bot

Post by Kiriak » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:40 am

I have no objections. Feel free to use my site for this. :)

Dlezzer

Post by Dlezzer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Yey :) thats nice ^^ I have one suggestion for your site though :blush: could you add mobslists to the different nodes? because at the moment i can only group them by knowledge entrie or make some lists myself :/ it would be very handy to be able to group them from a node (like loottables on mobs or mobtables on items). Knowledge entries are not that handy because there are a lot of mobs from different nodes in one entrie

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:57 pm

I would love too, but there is no way to do it automatically. The mobs are in no way connected to the nodes in the game files.
The only way to do it - manually.

Dlezzer

Post by Dlezzer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:17 pm

ohh you are reading the bdo files to compile your database :blink: isn't that against their terms of use? anyways thats quite sad :D but I dont hasitate to do some manuell stuff :D if you want I can give you the mob id list for each node with even with its node id in about 1-3days so you could include it ^^ if you dont want to or cant because your database would not allow any manuel entries its fine. Thanks for the response though

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:37 pm

If you could compile such lists for me, i would gladly add them to the site. PM me here or via Discord, when they'll be ready.