Crafting Calculator

Here you can ask your questions and post suggestions about site's development.
Hal42

Crafting Calculator

Post by Hal42 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Perhaps the Calculator could be adjusted to compare prices of the finished item vs components vs raw materials.
As it currently is, it adds up everything, making the price much higher than it is.

And the ability to lower the required amounts of items would be a welcomed addition as well, considering at higher processing levels you commonly get multiples of things.

Kiriak
Site Admin
Discord:Kiriak#5590

Re: Crafting Calculator

Post by Kiriak » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:50 am

Could you please give me an example with detailed explanation of the price comparing? I don't quite understand what do you want to see.
An example the the "making the price much higher than it is." is also would be helpful.

As for the "ability to lower the required amounts of items" it would be a bit hard to implement since the amount of the resulting products is determined depending on the skill level and not store in the client in the clear form. Again, an example of how you want it too look, will make it easier for me to understand, what you want.

Nalister

Post by Nalister » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 am

Hi Kiriak,

I think what OP meant is that when using the crafting calculator, if prices are entered for raw materials and components, the final price will add up the two amounts. This displays meaningless data, and he would like a way to compare the cost of crafting when using raw materials VS components.

Example : Calpheon Timber Crate

When entering the current Birch Timber market price of 630 silver, the partial cost comes at 15,750 silver. If he also adds the price of the Birch Plywood of 11,200 silver, the total comes to 71,750 silver instead of [56,000] VS [15,750] silver.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Nalister. Now i understand more clearly, what the OP wants.

The solution to the wrong price would be to not enter the price of the components if you are going to use the Birch Plywood. Then the calculator will give the correct price.

This may be not so convenient though, but i've already fixed this problem on other sites. For example, take a look at this recipe from Aion:
http://aioncodex.com/us/recipe/155003552/

You can actually check the subrecipes to let the calculator know, which one to use in the calculation of the cost. I've thought i've brought this change to the BDO as well, but looks like i've forgot to.
I'll implement it here as well.

As for the comparison of the prices, i understand what you want, but i kind of can't think of the idea how to show it to the user and how to implement it. With the checkboxes the calculator will chose either the price of the item or it's components. Maybe just by toggling the checkbox user will see the difference?

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Updated the craft calculator. Added the ability to check the needed subrecipes, which will be used in the cost calculation.

Hal42

Post by Hal42 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:32 am

Thanks so much, that does help.

Kiriak
Site Admin

Post by Kiriak » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Glad to see you've liked it!